Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The fun I thing I thought about during class

Fun fact of today's blog: watching Conan O'Brien...Go CoCo!

Fun fact about me: I love books and I will own up to that fact to anyone and everyone.

Today's blog:

Meg Backus is my new favorite Librarian superhero and I think that I will be able to use my background in political science for the good of the people.

So yeah, if I get to work in a public library and people feel comfortable in the safe and open environment that I help to facilitate? well, I hope they bring me the troubles they find in their communities and I will assist them in finding the ways to fix them by working within the system in the most high-impact way possible. Who needs the Anarchist Cookbook when they have a helpful Librarian with political know-how and a winning attitude? I will be able to assist my community members in kick-starting grass-root political movements that are informed  and effective.

My years as a political science undergrad led to deep cynicism, apathy toward my political system, and a general feeling that the whole world is set on a implosion course that will devastate the world's citizens. However, after listening to Meg Backus, I realize that the public library can be a center for political change by the people for the people, which is just fantastic and how it should be.

I think working in a public library and working behind the scenes to...adjust....our country's political system would be an excellent use of my political science background and would help me deal with my apathy and depression towards politics in general. I think I would gain hope from those who make use of my public library and want to change their society for the better.

So yeah, I think I have hope for the future and that I can help change what's wrong with politics, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment